Physical exercise: 7/10
Samana Peninsula: It is situated in the northeastern part of the country, it is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. The most important attractions are the white sandy beaches, waterfalls and whales. This region has long been difficult to access because of its geographic characteristics. The residents, the descendants of the region are the descendants of the slaves that were living in the United States then. The biggest attraction of the peninsula during the winter are the whales who come here to the south from the cold north. We can observe their mating habits and see their born babies during their stay. They are often be visible near the shore.
The provincial capital is called Santa Bárbara de Samana. Columbus discovered it during his first trip and it was named after a member of the catholic ruler family. The Samana Peninsula is the ultimate destination for the largest Caribbean cruise ships. The biggest cruise ships can be seen from the Malecon in the winter. Cayo Levantado or more commonly known as Bacardi Island is a 10-minute boat ride from the city’s port. In the field of tourism, great progress has been made in the past years even beyond the mentioned sites, Las Galeras and Las Terrenas are real shelters of Samana and great places to rest. Its most popular beaches are Playa Rincon, Playa Playita, Colorado, Madame, and Playa Frontón, but this last one is less know because it is difficult to access.
The Samana Peninsula is the perfect place for hikers who are nature lovers; green jungle-hills, white sandy and turquoise beaches. The highest waterfall in the country called Salto del Limón and Cayo Levantado (also known as Bacardi Island) are also located here.
– Punta Cana/Bávaro: Passengers will be picked up at the front desk of the hotel in the morning between 06:00 and 07:00, return to the hotel between 18:00 and 19:00.
– Bayahibe: Passengers will be picked up at the front desk of the hotel in the morning between 05:00 and 05:30, return to the hotel between 19:00 and 19:30.
Adult: 125 USD
Children (3-10 years): 63 USD
Small child (0-3 years): Free
– Bus transfer
– Sea transfer (catamaran, speed boat)
– Buffet-style lunch
– Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
WHAT TO BRING:
– Closed shoes
– Change of clothes
GOOD TO KNOW:
– The excursion is at certain days, it is in English.
– For children 3-10 years we offer a 50% discount (free of charge between 0-3 years).
– Passengers are picked up at the hotel reception at a specified time.
– In case of passengers being late for more than 5 minutes at pick up, it counts as NO SHOW and the paid excursion is not refundable.
– The following logo is to be found on the coming bus: ‘SEE MORE TRAVEL SERVICES’.
- Travel by minibus to Miches-La Cañita port.
The journey takes 70-80 minutes. Personal check-in at reception. Air conditioned, comfortable buses of 6-22 people with experienced drivers.
- Typical house.
You can taste the local coffee, cocoa, tobacco, moringa, mamajuana and rum products and discover the Caribbean flavors.
- Salto del Limón.
It is one of the highest waterfalls in the country, it is 30 minutes away from here, and it is a real adventure trip in a tropical rainforest, often with horses. The 40-meter waterfall is a special place due to the ferns, tropical fruits, cocoa and high humidity. The peninsula is famous for its flora, there are special trees and plants that can only be found here; of course the annual rainfall of 7500 mm contributes and makes possible the special vegetation.
A varied buffet lunch with a full range of choices.
- Bacardi Island.
We visit the Bacardi Island (also known as Cayo Levantado), it is only 1 km2. The beautiful beach with its turquoise water and white sand is ideal for swimming or snorkeling. This is the so-called “Bacardi Island” because the
advertisements of the Bacardi rum brand has been made here.
At the end of our tour we go back to the port of Miches before sunset and we return to the hotels late evening.