Physical exercise: 7/10
Saona Island is one of the largest natural attractions in the Dominican Republic due to its beautiful beaches and natural beauties, a nature reserve part of the Eastern National Park. An entertainment program where the beauty of the national park and the local music can be enjoyed together by the passengers on the speedboat deck.
Saona Island: It is the biggest island of the Dominican Republic, part of the La Altagracia province and the Eastern National Park. Beautiful beaches and untouched natural beauties are the biggest charms of the island. The island area is 110 km2; wonderful coral reefs, lagoons, different birds and reptilians, and interesting Taino caves can be found here. The population is about 300 people, 67 families who live from fishing and tourism.
Punta Cana/Bávaro: Passengers will be picked up at the front desk of the hotel in the morning between 07:00 and 8:00, return to the hotel between 18:00 and 19:00.
Adult: 79 USD
Children (3-10 years): 40 USD
Small child (0-3 years): Free
– Bus transfer
– Sea transfer (speedboat)
– Buffet-style lunch
– Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
WHAT TO BRING:
– Change of clothes
GOOD TO KNOW:
– The excursion starts on certain days, it is in English.
– For children 3-10 years we offer a 50% discount (free of charge between 0-3 years).
– Passengers are picked up at the hotel reception at a specified time.
– In case of passengers being late for more than 5 minutes at pick up, it counts as NO SHOW and the paid excursion is not refundable.
– On the coming bus, look for the following logo: ‘SEE MORE TRAVEL SERVICES’.
- Travel by minibus to the port, the journey takes 60-80 minutes. Personal check-in at reception. Air conditioned, comfortable buses of 10-20 people with experienced drivers. During the journey we can gain insights into the lives of local residents.
- On a speedboat we continue the sea trip and visit the most beautiful beaches of the Eastern National Park. During the excursion we visit the shores where most visitors do not.
- Canto de Playa is the last beach on Saona Island. The first visit is to Canto de la Playa, one of Saona’s most beautiful and furthest beaches. White sand, crystal clear water, we can see the most beautiful colors here. We spend two hours on this beach.
- Mano Juan is the only fishing village on the island, where we can see the lives of locals. In this picturesque place we have 45 minutes, and in certain months the local turtle shelter will allow you to have a cuddling. We continue our journey to Catuano Beach where, beside rest and beach, our private restaurant can be found here.
- Lunch. A varied buffet lunch with a full range of choices. After lunch, you can listen to music, practice bachata and merengue dances, snorkel in the crystal clear water where you can see fishes of different sizes.
- The next stop is the spectacular view of the Mangrove forests.
- We can see the sea stars in the world’s largest natural pool with shallow (1,5 meter deep) and crystal clear water, white sand and 400 meters from the beach.
- The program ends at 5 pm and we return to the hotels.