Physical exercise: 5/10
Catalina Island: It is the second largest island of the Eastern National Park, it is 9.6 km2 and it is located about 3 km from La Romana, on the Caribbean Sea. It is popular among divers and visitors to the Dominican Republic, it is surrounded by coral reefs and it has a rich marine world. The white sandy beaches with palm trees also attract visitors, it is the favorite stop of the cruise ships in the winter months.
Passengers will be picked up at the front desk of the hotel in the morning between 07:15 and 08:30, return to the hotel between 17:00 and 18:00.
Adult: 79 USD
Children (3-10 years): 40 USD
Small child (0-3 years): Free
– Bus transfer
– Sea transfer (catamaran)
– Buffet-style lunch
– Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
– Snorkeling equipment
WHAT TO BRING:
– Change of clothes
GOOD TO KNOW:
– The excursion starts on certain days, it is in English.
– For children 3-10 years we offer a 50% discount (free of charge between 0-3 years).
– Passengers are picked up at the hotel reception at a specified time.
– In case of passengers being late for more than 5 minutes at pick up, it counts as NO SHOW and the paid excursion is not refundable.
– On the coming bus, look for the following logo: ‘SEE MORE TRAVEL SERVICES’.
- Travel by minibus to La Romana.
The journey takes 60-80 minutes. Personal check-in at reception. Air conditioned, comfortable buses of 10-20 people with experienced drivers. During the journey we can gain insights into the lives of local residents.
We start our trip on a catamaran, on the Rio Salaó we approach the Catalina Island, where we do snorkeling and diving along the northern coast, where besides the coral reefs, we can see a rich marine life, sometimes even big turtles.
- Playa Arena Blanca.
We continue our journey to Playa Arena Blanca, one of Catalina’s most beautiful beaches. White sand, crystal clear water, we can see the most beautiful colors here. We spend three hours on this beach.
A varied buffet lunch with a full range of choices. After lunch, you can listen to music, practice bachata and merengue dances, snorkel in the crystal clear water where you can see fishes of different sizes.
- Return to the hotel.
The program ends at 4 pm and we return to the hotels.